~ : karakspeak : ~

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Pro-Vogue and Worldspace

Hmmm… Once upon a time we used to have radios that used to catch FM and AM signals from as far as Delhi. Then technology advanced and we got satellite radios which can give you transmission from any part of the world.

“Whew, that’s so cool, the world space radio” said one of my friends. I thought yeah, just one time investment and you get to listen all great music round the clock from around the world. Wow.

I was fascinated. More so because the morning I saw a full page blown up ad in the newspaper that had Fardeen Khan luring me to buy apparels of Provogue. Ain’t interested as I usually am, so quickly skipped. But jus then, hold on, what’s this !! “Buy merchandise worth rupees 4000 or above and get a WorldSpace satellite radio worth rupees 1995 free”. Thud, and I fall off my bed (luckily I sleep on a mattress right on the floor so the height from which I fell was just 6 inches). But then, the offer’s great. I always wanted to have a radio at home, but was too lazy to go out and buy, this is the chance for me. I would get to do big time apparel shopping (oh I luuuuvvvvv shoppin) and would get a radio free (he he).

Hullo! Next thing, rang my friend up, and fixed shopping time. Sharp at 5 we were at Central :) looking around to find the Provogue stall (in between looking at how god created some of its master pieces.. oooo). Finally got there, “Hello sir, wo offer aj news paper me aaya tha, wo sahi hai na!” (the usual skeptical me). Got a nod and went ahead to browse. “Hmmmm…. Is it that this is a new kind of gimmick of end of season sale?”, I asked my friend. “Nothing here seems great, I have seen Provogue collections, nothing like it.” I was down, but not out. So we decided to get to the exclusive showroom of Provogue. Off we went and took a 4 kilometer way to get to the store that was just across the street to Central (gosh I need a Hyderabad map!). Okay, finally the collection seems like Provogue and this is a genuine offer. “Hail Provogue”, I shout in my heart and jumped to select and try out cloths. Ended up with 2 half sleeve shirts, a tee and a trouser, and a whooping grand total of 4180 :D

“So when would we get our radio?” I asked. “2 days”, came the reply, “Then these people would come and set the thing up for you, and you won’t need to pay any subscription now, 3 months free.” I said, “Hmm.. Okay”, and went on to pay the bill. But wait a sec, what did he say, “3 months free :O”. This is a subscription based service and that too, 1800 bucks a year, ohmegaud, someone hold me, I am fainting.

Damn so this is the catch, I was feeling bad, and the only respite was that I had got good cloths. And along with that I had got a wailing baby. That would wail in 40 different ways on just a click of a button and die in just 3 months due to lack of life. And after that I would have to bribe “Yamraaj” to get it wailing again. Huh.
End note: Please do check out all the offers that you see in the newspaper, at least enquire about it before you indulge yourself. Some people learn from experience. 8-|

[wonder who’s wailing now while waiting for the brand new wailing baby]

2 Comments:

At 6:06 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..Karak..

how you been..

so happy to see you blog da machaan...

 
At 12:03 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well..i c the learnordthingy hasnt lost any time getting ur point rite bak home to u ..:D Anyway, nicely written and well blogged..:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home